Did you know candles have a user manual? Here’s how you can get the most out of your Quietly Quirky candles!
Because Quietly Quirky candles are made with natural waxes and cotton/linen wicks, it’s important to care for them so they burn clean and long. There are only a few simple guidelines.
- On the first burn, make sure you give it a good 2 to 4 hour burn so the candle top melts evenly. This impacts the burn for the rest of the candle.
- Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time for a clean, safe and even burn.
- Trim your wick before every burn. It should be about 5mm long. Always cut off a “blooming” tip if your wick has one.
- Never leave your candle unattended, with pets or set in a draft. It’s dangerous, and we don’t want to play with fire.
- Only burn your candle on a flat and heat resistant surface. It’s best to always place the candle on a coaster to protect any surface from the heat of the candle.
- Don’t blow out your candle – it can cause wax splatters and smoke. Instead, put on the lid so the candle will extinguish itself due to the lack of oxygen.
- The glass can and will get hot to the touch, so be careful when handling a lit candle.
- When there is about 5mm of wax left in the container, do not light the candle.